1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you came to BioSci.
Hi! My name is Donna Kim, and I’m currently a first-year undergraduate student majoring in biological sciences. I decided to major in BioSci because I knew I was interested in biology and wanted to learn more about how it applies to various fields of study.
2. What attracted you to the life sciences?
Taking AP Biology in high school grew my interest in biology initially. There was one lab about plasmid transformation in bacteria that really fascinated me, and I enjoyed learning about DNA and genetics.
3. Tell us about some of your educational and professional goals.
I hope to earn my bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, and as for my professional goals, I hope to become a physician one day.
4. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
An accomplishment that I’m most proud of is winning first place at a national competition for synchronized swimming because the journey that I took with my teammates that season was very meaningful to me.
5. Who do you look up to? What is your source of inspiration?
Someone I look up to is Michelle Obama because of her amazing ability to empathize and communicate with a large group of people. I not only admire her public speaking skills, but especially her ability to connect with who she is talking to.
6. What’s a cool life sciences fact you learned during your time here?
I recently learned that eating a fruit, such as an apple, is eating a plant’s ripened ovary!
7. What are some hobbies/activities outside of work?
I enjoy water activities like swimming, and I also like to play the piano in my free time.
8. What is your favorite comfort food?
I love matcha ice cream!
9. A show you’re obsessed with right now?
I’m currently binge watching How to Get Away with Murder.
10. Tell us a fun fact about you that you would like to share.
A fun fact about me is that I have a cat!